Is was an adjective?

  No, the word "was" can't be used as an adjective. Rather, it can be used as a linking verb or an auxiliary verb. Explanation: Click this link

Compound Sentences with For


Today we are going to learn compound sentences with the coordinating conjunction "for".
Compound Sentences with For

Compound Sentence with For: First Example 



He was certainly there, for she saw him.



The analysis of this compound sentence with for has been given below:


●Independent clause one=He was certainly there

●Independent clause two=she saw him.

●Coordinating conjunction=for

●Punctuation=comma before coordinating conjunction for

●For means because



The above things satisfy the characteristics of a compound  sentence.





Compound Sentence with For: Second Example





●I felt guilty ,for my fault was responsible for  her destruction.



The analysis of this compound sentence with for has been given below:


●Independent clause one=I felt guilty.

●Independent clause two=my fault was responsible for  her destruction.

●Coordinating conjunction=for

●Punctuation=comma before coordinating conjunction for

●For means because


The above things satisfy the characteristics of a compound  sentence.






Compound Sentence with For: Third Example





●Her friends love her dance,for she tries to dance beautifully.



The analysis of this compound sentence with for has been given below:


●Independent clause one=Her friends love her dance.

●Independent clause two=she tries to dance beautifully.

●Coordinating conjunction=for

●Punctuation=comma before coordinating conjunction for

●For means because


The above things satisfy the characteristics of a compound  sentence.






Compound Sentence with For: Fourth Example



The analysis of this compound sentence with for has been given below:


●My mother was tired,for she went to bed early.




●Independent clause one=My mother was tired.

●Independent clause two=she went to bed early.

●Coordinating conjunction=for

●Punctuation=comma before coordinating conjunction for

●For means because


The above things satisfy the characteristics of a compound  sentence.





Compound Sentence with For: Fifth Example



The analysis of this compound sentence with for has been given below:




●I went to a doctor,for I was sick yesterday.




●Independent clause one=I went to a doctor.


●Independent clause two=I was sick yesterday.

●Coordinating conjunction=for

●Punctuation=comma before coordinating conjunction for


●For means because



The above things satisfy the characteristics of a compound  sentence.




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the adjective form of example?

What part of speech is is?

What part of speech is "was"?