Is was an adjective?

  No, the word "was" can't be used as an adjective. Rather, it can be used as a linking verb or an auxiliary verb. Explanation: Click this link

【 】What is an example of an adjective in a sentence?

 The word "good" is an example of an adjective in the following sentence.

I will buy good books from the bookshop.

Explanation:

In this post ,I am going to show you an example of an adjective in a sentence.So,look at the following sentence.


◆I will buy good books from the bookshop.


Analysis:
Here the word "good" is an example of an adjective because it is modifying the noun "books".

Remember that an adjecive can modify a noun or pronoun.



◆He was absent in the meeting because he was ill.




Analysis:
●Here the word "absent" is an example of an adjective because it is modifying the pronoun"He"




●Here the word "ill" is an example of an adjective because it is modifying the pronoun"He"

What is an example of an adjective in a sentence?











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is the adjective form of example?

What part of speech is is?

What part of speech is "was"?